St. Maryís English High School was founded by the Late Stanley Rose Meyer and his wife, Ethel Rose Meyer, with 5 students, in the year 1943 with the intention of helping out the Anglo-Indian community. Initially, the primary classes were held in their own premises in Ambagan, Sakchi, Jamshedpur. Subsequently, with the increase in number the school was shifted to the Bengal Club , Sakchi premises in 1948. With the migration of Stanley Rose Meyer to England in 1960, the school was handed over to his brother, the Late Cyril B. Rose Meyer. Before migrating to England with his whole family, Cyril rose Meyer handed over the school to the Late Harry DíSa and his wife, Maud DíSa in 1964. With the management changing hands, the school too was shifted to the Utkal Association premises. The keen interest in serving the people , made Harry DíSa approach the TISCO management for additional rooms. In 1971 , the TISCO management was kind enough to offer one of its school buildings, formerly occupied by Balika Vidyalaya, opposite Karim City College , Sakchi. Again in May 1975 the TISCO management finally granted the old L.P. School premises, on Kharkai Link road, Bistupur , for the smooth running of the school. With only 8 class-rooms and with growing members of students, the school had to be run in tow shifts.
From the beginning, running the school was a great challenge for the management , since the school remained unaffiliated, mainly due to the lack of permanent structure and proper physical facilities. Though the students were coached and prepared from KG to Std. X thoroughly, they were not fortunate enough to appear for the Board Exams from their own school. In the beginning, the first few batches appeared for the Cambridge Examination through Bishop Westcott School, Namkum, Ranchi. Later the students had to appear for the Bihar School Examination Board as private candidates through Zila School, Chaibasa. In 1965, arrangements were made for the boys to appear through Mrs. K.M.P.M. High School , Burmamines and Tata Workers Union High School, Kadma. Due to changes in the Government policies, the batches of 1989, 1990 & 1991 were fortunate to appear through St. Maryís Hindi High School , Bistupur.
With the sincere intention of uplifting the institute negotiations were begun with the Bishop of Jamshedpur, Most Reverend Dr. Joseph Rodericks, S.J., for the Jamshedpur Diocese to take over the school. This was finalized in 1979. Thus with the help and support of various Religious Congregations the school continued to progress in the filed of education. Later due to the felt need of the city and the request of the Tata Steel the Diocese decided to register the school under the CBSE Board, Delhi. Fr. Gualbert Furtado and Fr. Cyril Fernandes were appointed as the Principal and the Vice-principal respectively to carry forward this task.
Thanks to Tata Steel, the cherished hopes of St. Maryís were fulfilled. The foundation stone was laid for the three-storied building with Lab Facilities. on September 21, 1990 and within one year the building was inaugurated. The school was granted affiliation to the Central Board of Secondary Education on November 13, 1991 and the first batch of 36 students appeared for the All India Secondary School Examination in 1993.
Since our Secondary School Examination were good , CBSE sent inspection team to clear the way for up gradation to 10+2.
In the year 1999, the school upgraded to 10+2 level and our first batch of students appeared at the All India Senior Certificate Examination in March-2001. The number of students in Pure Science , Bio-Science , Commerce were 39, 33 , 48 respectively.